Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The one with all the orange

Next tuesday our Queen will abdicate, and her oldest son Willem-Alexander will ascend the throne. Even though our flag is red, white and blue, the colour orange is special to us 'Dutchies'. When our national team plays soccer we dress up in orange and on april 30th, when we celebrate the queen's birthday, lots of orange can be seen. Why orange? Willem van Oranje (= Dutch for orange) became the Prince of Oranje in 1544, at only 11 years old! Enough history, on with the good stuff! Orange is far from my favourite colour, the only thing orange I own, is a bottle of nailpolish. But these Etsy finds might change my opinion on this sunny colour.





5 comments:

  1. I find orange a hard color to wear, personally, but I love it in accents! Great finds! And I enjoyed the mini history lesson, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love it!

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the history about the colour !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful collection you have here. Orange is my favorite color. It gives me refreshing energy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the orange in the necklace. Orange is not my go-to color, so I like that it's a small dose.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and comments