Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The one with the tea tin magnet DIY

When I joined Pinterest over two years ago (and had no idea how much time this site would cost me), tea tins-turned into fridge magnets was one of my first pins. On a recent visit to the thrift shop I found an old rusty tea tin, for only 15 cents. It was love at first sight and I immediately knew what I was going to do with it! It's pretty easy peasy to make, so I'm not quite sure if I am allowed to call this project a DIY. The pictures are pretty much self explanatory. I used the lid too by glueing a stack of cardboard paper in it. With it's sweet little teapot illustration, it was too good to throw away!


Here's what I've used:
  • vintage tin (and lid)
  • magnet that's sticky on one side
  • glue
  • scissors
  • washi tape
  • cardboard









Are you in the mood for some more DIY-fun? Check out the linky party below!

20 comments:

  1. Love the colors of the tea tin! Great DIY, I will Pin this on my Pinterest board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Vintage tins are so pretty, and it's great that you found a practical way to use it. Thanks for linking up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to link up :-) I am hoping to find more of these tins!

      Delete
  3. That is so cute! I love that the lid is a magnet also. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, how brilliant and that tin is beautiful:) I love your diy posts. They are awesome. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana, hope to wrap up another project this weekend.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I love vintage tins! I'll go to the thrift shop tonight, hoping to find more of them...

      Delete
  6. The lid makes a really cute magnet! And the tin is perfect for holding a pen and small note pad for a grocery list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should start making grocery lists, I always come home with things I don't need, and the things I need stay in the supermarket..

      Delete
  7. This is adorable! I need to try this out.

    - Your blog is gorgeous, by the way. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much fun! I haven't seen anyone do the lid up as a magnet, too. I keep meaning to do this, but somehow I never get around to it. Very cute project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute, love this idea! I've seen such cute magnet ideas lately that I have just been dying to try ;)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like that this is so easy and straightforward. I want little, quick projects that can add some joy and quirkiness to my house--this fits so well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Being a tea drinker myself, I truly love this idea! I'll bet there are a ton of things around our homes right now that would make great magnets!

    ReplyDelete
  12. well that, my dear, is just too stinkin' cute!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a gorgeous DIY! I love the tin that you chose.. mint tea is one of my favourites :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and comments