Monday, March 17, 2014

The one with the polka dot pencils DIY



What you'll need:
  • pencils
  • nailpolish (I used four shades for each pencil)


I don't know if the name DIY is on order for this little project. It's super simple and most of the time you need to make these, is for letting the pencils dry. I used four shades of polish for each pencil, starting with the darkest shade. Open all of the bottles you'll need for one pencil before starting. Apply dots of polish, starting at the end of the pencil with the darkest shade. Work inwards and end with the lightest colour. 




I made this nifty little pencil dry-thingy with rolls of tape, no need to hold them until the nailpolish has dried!



Let them dry for a couple of minutes, and you're done!




28 comments:

  1. Polkadot Pencils!! I love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're lovely! Bye borring pencils!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een leuke DIY zeg! Deze ga ik onthouden :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous! I love the gradient effect. It's lovely to have all the little things you use in your life pretty and decorated like these are :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess, I especially love it when projects are this easy :-)

      Delete
  5. I love how you used the rolls of tape to hold the pencil:) You're too crafty, Marieken!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look so cute!! I guess if you don't have white pencils you can just paint them white first or use spray paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the white ones are the easiest to get over here :-)

      Delete
  7. Those are my dream pencils:) I am totally swooning over here, sweetie. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute DIY project! Love this :)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you make them, I'd love to see the result!

    ReplyDelete
  10. FUN-Tastic!!!!! You such a clever girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are too cute! And smart thinking to use the ribbon as a makeshift drying station.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! I really like your idea to use ribbon to hold the pencil upright for drying! Now I just wish I had more than two colors of nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got loads and I'm always happy to find new uses for them.

      Delete
  13. That's a great idea for all the nailpolish i never use!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and comments